- Develop the strategy for trade marketing, category management, sales analytics
- Integral hub between sales, marketing, finance, and operations
- Competitive base salary, bonus, 401K match, health and wellness programs.
This integral position is responsible for developing the strategy for the trade marketing, category management, sales reporting and analytics teams to drive volume/profit through enhanced trade fund management, consumer insights and data application across the organization, and improving both internal and external data analysis and reporting to support strategic decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Senior leadership Liaison between key functional leadership positions within Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations. Translate goals and objectives into actions for functional reporting teams to enable success.
- Foster collaboration to elevate performance amongst reporting teams and key functional areas of sales, marketing, finance, and operations, to understand needs and develop high performing environment.
- Exhibit skills that enable the development of an effective, quality driven, customer service attitude within functional reporting teams, i.e. Trade Marketing, Category Management, and Sales Reporting and Analytics. Skill gap identification and training skills.
- Create alignment between corporate objectives and the goals and activity of reporting functional teams to ensure company success, i.e. spending effectiveness, KPI supported reporting, insight and data centric presentations, etc.
- Manage and direct reporting team activities to support key cross functional activities; brand planning process, forecasting and annual planning, new items modeling support to brand team, and translate brand team and category team insight in market actions within trade, shelfing efforts and CRM activity.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Business, or related.
- 12+ years of Food & Beverage CPG industry experience with a background in direct sales field management.
- Exhibited success in developing and implementing trade strategy.
- Solid working understanding of industry P&L and financials.
- Working knowledge and application of category management principles, data, and usage.
- Use and understanding of functional systems within direct reporting teams; trade management systems, syndicated data, reporting and analytic tools relevant to CPG industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Effective and comfortable operating within senior leadership level.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships and works collaboratively.
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that commands the attention of cross-functional peers and the executive leadership team.
- Excellent knowledge of CPG industry systems and application.
- Ability to effectively prioritize activities.
- Ability to train and develop team members, direct and motivate high performing team.