- Competitive salary, bonus + benefits
- Report directly to the owner of the company
- Bilingual English/Spanish language skills preferred not required
The General Manager will provide leadership and management of the company’s sales, production, and retail operations. The General Manager will implement sales strategies and tactics for the company. Passionately embraces and facilitates a culture of entrepreneurship, innovation, and speed-to-market. The General Manager position is responsible for providing top-level leadership, direction, and decision-making to maximize business results and achieve volume and profit objectives.
- Supervisory responsibilities: total staff of 25, including salaried and hourly employees.
- Responsible for managing the sales, production, and retail operations staff.
- Create plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company's sales goals.
- Drive and facilitate a culture that supports innovation, empowerment, and speed to market.
- Develop strategies to exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Establish and manage the sales budgets, KPI’s and performance reporting tools.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting, budget, and reporting.
- Collaborate in the development of incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Hire and develop high performing, inspired sales, production, and retail operations staff.
- Compile information and data related to customer, prospects, and marketplace interactions.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company’s management teams and other company functions.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships.
- Perform any other ad-hoc related duties as required or assigned.
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field a plus.
- Minimum 10-year progressive sales management experience within the retail nursery, floral, or produce industry.
- Demonstrated success growing sales revenues over a multi-year sustainable basis.
- Proven success in introducing and selling new products in the marketplace.
- Experience presenting financial results to ownership and liaising with professional advisors.
- Product management and market development experience a plus.
- Experience in managing inventory management technology.
- Experience working in a dynamic, multicultural environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language skills a bonus.