- Revamp the supply chain function of a vertically integrated food company
- Optimize a $10MM spend, implement systems, and improve processes
- Hybrid remote 3+ days a week in office near San Antonio, Texas
Seeking an experienced supply chain professional to optimize a $10MM spend for a vertically integrated food company near San Antonio, TX.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be tasked with leading a diverse team, creating robust strategic sourcing practices, implementing an S&OP process, and establishing a vendor/supplier scorecard while optimizing inventory management, production scheduling, and carrier management.
This critical position offers a competitive base salary + bonus + healthcare + 401(k) + 4 weeks of vacation plus the opportunity to join a fun and fast-paced work environment with significant upside.
Build strategic sourcing & procurement, inventory management, production scheduling, and shipping and transportation functions while developing strategies for the acquisition and readiness of materials and equipment. The main goal is to increase the speed and efficiency of the supply chain function so that cost and revenue goals are met while providing outstanding service to both internal and external customers.
- Manage $10MM spend across freight, packaging, and ingredients, providing fact-based guidance to the annual budgeting process and periodic forecasting process.
- Create supply chain management strategies that increase efficiency and speed while collaborating with other departments to close operational gaps.
- Oversee the coordination of inventory needs with operations capabilities that tie to the sales plans on an ongoing basis.
- Create best-in-class procurement and strategic sourcing processes and relationships while delivering competitive costs.
- Implement a vendor/supplier scorecard and report on weeks of coverage.
- Contribute to the company’s new product development by supporting packaging and ingredient sourcing innovation.
- Manage the freight management partnerships, ensuring a high level of operational performance.
- Develop and implement action plans and key performance indicators that meet customers’ expectations and annual budget and operating plans.
- Identify meaningful annual cost enablers across the supply chain and work cross-functionally to deliver.
- Understand external pressures that impact the supply chain such as commodity price indexes, fuel costs, constraints of legislation, and rising environmental pressures, and be able to communicate back to the Executive Leadership Team the plans in place to manage/mitigate the situation.
- Train and mentor employees on the standard practices of supply chain management and safety protocol.
- Balance safety, cost management, and business growth to meet the company’s ongoing operational needs.
- Collaborate with the Customer Service Director on any ad hoc responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of program/project management experience overseeing supply chain operations with excellent working knowledge of procurement and strategic sourcing, inventory management, scheduling, and carrier management for an agricultural production or food manufacturing business.
- Strong understanding of distribution and warehouse optimization.
- Leverage large-company best practices in a dynamic, nimble, high-growth environment.
- Experience in developing and refining logistics, supply chain, and other business operational processes.
- Ability to create, interpret, and execute a budget.
- Track record of negotiating packaging and other materials relative to commodity price indexes.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products with an emphasis on Excel. Experience implementing an MRP or ERP system is a plus.
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability practices, and applicable laws and regulations.