- Own the organization's end-to-end aspects of transportation from farm to retail
- Partner with the executive team to drive strategy and continuous improvement
- Base salary of $175K+12% bonus + company car + pension + benefits + relocation
The Sr. Director of Supply Chain and Logistics will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of transportation, warehousing, and distribution for the organization. This individual will drive strategy, continuous improvement and deliver results, while working collaboratively with the executive team to develop and drive transformation initiatives that evaluate our customer experience. To be successful in this role, you must be highly involved in the day-to-day activities and decisions of the team. On offer is a base salary of $175K + 12% bonus + company car + pension + benefits + relocation.
- Oversee the movement of product from farms to customers or processing plants.
- Partner with operations on the weekly forecasts.
- Coordinate transportation to warehouses or customers.
- Track delivery times, transport costs, and efficiency.
- Drive continuous improvement and is accountable for achieving or exceeding operational metrics.
- Manage acquisition and maintenance of company-owned transportation and warehouse assets.
- Manage staffing, hiring, scheduling, and workload planning for departments of responsibility.
- Monitor and communicate performance with direct reports and administer performance reviews.
- Ensure consistent compliance with customer standards, safety/OSHA, and quality standards/HACCP and GMP standards.
- Understand external pressures that impact supply chain such as commodity price, fuel costs, or environmental pressures, and communicate back to the leadership team on plans to manage/mitigate concerns.
- Be able to articulate and communicate the business to senior-level positions as well as the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in transportation, distribution or logistics related to food manufacturing / with 5+ years of experience in bulk logistics.
- Strong warehouse and distribution optimization.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and positive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Knowledgeable in logistics management and DOT regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with ERP a plus.